Do you have a document, website, PowerPoint or audio file that would be a great supplement to a portion of your Castle Learning assignment, but not all of it? No worries!
Now you can attach a document to individual questions in an assignment. This allows you to have multiple documents, and only have documents appear on the questions you choose.
To attach a document to individual questions in an assignment, please follow these steps:
You must first upload the document to your Personal Content Sets link.
- From your teacher home page, click the Personal Content Sets link
- Type a name for the document in the Content Set Name box
- Select Documents from the Content Type drop down menu
- Click the Create New Content Set button
- Click the Add a Document link on the left side of the page
- Select the type of document you wish to upload (Document, URL, PDF/PowerPoint, or MP3).Click the Add button
- DOCUMENT: Under the Document tab, enter your document. You have the ability to paste from Word or add an image here by using the appropriate links. Click next to enter an optional description of your document
- URL: Enter a document description and the URL by following the instructions in the box
- PDF/PowerPoint: Enter a document description and Browse for the file you wish to upload
- MP3: Enter a document description and Browse for the file you wish to upload
- If you would like to make the document available to all teachers in your school/district check the box next to Public
- Click the SAVE button. Your document has now been saved in your Personal Content Sets link
- Return to your home page by clicking HOME in the upper right corner
To attach the document to an assignment:
- Click the Assignments link
- Select the appropriate course for the assignment from the course drop down menu
- Under the Short Answer tab, enter a name for the assignment and click Create New Short Answer Assignment
- Add questions to your assignment
- NOTE: If you have an assignment previously created that you wish to add a document to, click the edit pencil icon under the actions tab on the assignments page and continue following these steps
- Once you have finished adding questions, click the Attach Document link on the right side of the assignment editor page
- You will see the name of the documents in your Personal Content Sets under the Your Documents tab. If you are looking to upload a Public Document, it will be found under the Public Documents tab
- Click the blue plus sign next to the document name you wish to attach
- Enter the text you wish to show as the link for this document and click OK
- The document will appear on every question in the assignment next to an expand/collapse arrow button
- NOTE: If you wish to only show the document for certain questions, click the edit pencil icon under the Questions Attached To column. Enter the question numbers you wish to attach the document to and click the save icon. (i.e. 1-5, 13)
- CONGRATULATIONS, your document has been attached to the assignment!