NYS Sample Assessments are now available for grades 3-8. These samplers model the new format teachers and students will see on the actual 2018 assessments administered this spring. There are two sessions for each grade level and the reading passages and questions follow the guidelines provided for the NYS 2018 Assessment. The samplers assess what students know and can do relative to the grade level NYS Learning Standards for English. The two “sessions” follow the recommended percentages for clusters, standard emphasis, and domain attribution specified in the “Educator Guide to the 2018 Grade 3-8 English Language Arts Test.”
To add a sampler to your list of assignments:
- On the Teacher Home Page click Assignments
- Click the button to Create From Public Assignments
- Click the blue plus sign to expand English & Foreign Languages
- Click the blue plus sign for English Language Arts
- Click the blue plus sign for Castle Assignments
- Click the blue plus sign to expand New York
- Exams are labeled "2018 Grade 3 NYS ELA Sampler - Session__"
- Click the name of an exam to preview the contents of the exam
- Check the box next to the name of an exam to mark it for import
- When ready, click the Import button to add the selected exam(s) to your assignment list. You will then be returned to the Assignments page where you can review, modify and/or assign the exam.